Tuesday, January 6, 2009

Happy 2009!! And everything that comes with it.

First let me start out by wishing everyone (ie, the two people who actually read this thing) a Happy New Year!(I know January is half over, so sue me) 2009, woo! I'm gonna be 18 in two months. It feels weird to say. Your whole life as a kid, you sit down wishing you could reach that coveted age and break free with no strings attached. How wrong was I? I'm still going to be living with my mother and her boyfriend (and my brother) and still obeying their rules. I'm still going to have a curfew. I'm still going to rely on them for 85% of ...everything. God, 7 years ago I thought I'd be on my way to Julliard by now. Look at me. I'm barely getting by where I am as it is.

That reminds me, I'm at Art School now. (Still at Edna Manley College) I'm doing a course in Fashion Design, which consists of three classes: Collection Development, Fashion Illustration, Clothing Construction. It's not bad, I love the drawing and collection...I hate the sewing. But I guess I better learn to love it soon. My goal is to pass my classes this year. I want to leave behind some kind of success in my life. I don't want my kids to look back and see me as a deadbeat with no ambition. I mean I may not have a clear vision of my life but, I know I don't wanna waste it.

Speaking of dying-because it's such a happy subject-(how you liking my segues?) I was watching an episode of Scrubs online tonight. Yes, I have to catch up with the new season online, I'm so terrible. Whatever. "My Last Words" I don't know what they'll be, but if it were tonight, I think I'd let my last words be, "I'm doing better."

Funeral Playlist:
-"Leave Out All The Rest", Linkin Park
-"I Will Follow You Into The Dark", Death Cab for Cutie
-"When You're Gone", The Cranberries
-"Turn,Turn,Turn", The Byrds
-"Time After Time", Cyndi Lauper
-"The Prayer", Charlotte Church(with Josh Groban)
-"Hey Jude", The Beatles
-"Only Time", Enya
-
"Somewhere Over the Rainbow", Israel Kamakawiwo
-"The Resolution", Jack's Mannequin
-"In The Sun", Joseph Arthur
-"Time To Say Goodbye", Sarah Brightman
-"Everybody Hurts", REM
-"Bohemian Rhapsody", Queen

What would happen if I died tomorrow?

1 comment:

xyo said...

Happy New Year to you too :-D... i havent been on here for a lil bit.. i hope forgive me.. after all i'm one of the two :-).. too bad u dont have more.. loving the playlist... i only know some of the songs but the ones i do i know are great songs.. so that must mean the rest are good too... cheers, xyo