Saturday, January 31, 2009

Family Additions

Three main things to talk about now.

1. Grandma is back home. My grandmother has been living with my mum's sister in Florida for the past few months (since about September) and she's been having some financial issue's thanks to America's recession. She decided that because she had so many things to take care of in Jamaica that she should back into the country and get things done. It feels great having her back. My grandmother is the one person in the family that I feel I can go to about my problems 24/7. She's never too busy to lend an ear and a helping hand. I love her so dearly and was having a rough time dealing with my mother when she wasn't around.

2. Today was Uncle Xavier's birthday. (Uncle Xavier is my mum's boyfriend/fiance who we happen to live with) We sat at the dinner table, had an Italian dinner and a half-melted coconut, cream cheese and vanilla cake with strawbrry and whipped cream icing. It was pretty cool.

3. Tippy! Tippy is out new ginger kitten. He's maybe about a month old and is the cutest thing ever. We call him Tippy because he walks on his toes and rather than running, he leaps from one place to another. I'm glad that we adopted him because I work better when I have someone to take care of (besides myself) and those damn fish(es?) are not worth waking up for.

(++) I've also been watching the third season of Skins through YouTube. I'm already in love with Freddie and Emily.

3 comments:

MissT said...

Oh hunny!!!! I'm so glad you got a new kitty!!!! That's so Awesome =] Where did you get her wait no its a him... But I will from now call Tippy her(hope "she" doesn't mind) when I see you at your b-day party I wanna hold her!!!!XD
YAY!!!!! Grandma is home XD I love grandma tell her I say Hi! I hope she remembers me >_<

xyo said...

your family structure thingy sounds alot like my little sister's, and i just got her a puppy :-) for the very same reason (something worth waking up to).

The Nickyness said...

omg first comments...XD
Of course grandma remembers you, Tedi, my parents love you.

I love waking up to my kitten in the morning (despite the random attacks at my hands and feet)